Thursday 1 January 2015

Veganuary Day 1

Firstly I would like to wish my readers a happy and healthy new year... I hope you're not feeling worse for wear after the celebrations last night. Fortunately for me I gave up alcohol two years ago, mainly for health reasons so that's one less thing I have to worry about during 'Veganuary'. I started my day with two slices of peanut butter on toast made with 'Hovis' white medium bread, 'Pure' sunflower spread and 'Whole Earth' smooth peanut butter washed down with a cup of tea made with almond milk. 'Hovis' are pretty good at stating their bread is vegan but always check the packaging.
I totally skipped lunch as I had been snacking on 'Pringles' (Original flavour) and as you know once you pop you just can't stop. I had dinner a little earlier than usual but I was looking forward to trying a new product, the 'Cheatin' Celebration Roast by 'VBites' which I picked up from 'Holland and Barrett'.
Roast potatoes, carrots and parsnips accompanied the fake meat products drizzled with 'Bisto' gravy (the one in the red pot). I only used half of what was in the box as there was enough for two meals so I put the other half back in the freezer for another day. It wasn't amazing but it was ok and I liked it.
For desert I had some lovely strawberries topped with lashings of 'Alpro' soya, single cream. I would like to try and consume more fruits during 'Veganuary' as I very rarely eat them. I have apples mainly for lunch at work but that's about it so I'm looking forward to the change.
So that's how my first day of Veganuary went. I'm now off to make myself another cup of tea and settle down in front of the T.V before the shock of returning back to work tomorrow really hits me.




No comments:

Post a Comment