Friday 2 January 2015

Veganuary Day 2

The day started with my usual weekday morning breakfast, bite sized shredded wheat with almond milk. I was up early for my first day back at work after the Christmas break and these usually set me up for the day.
For lunch I packed a 'Marks & Spencer' Carrot salad, a packet of 'Ten Acre' cheese and onion crisps (bought from 'Planet Organic') and a peach. Marks do some great vegan salads and this one has become one of my favourites.
I finished work at a reasonable time today so I spent a little more time preparing dinner... well experimenting with making sweet potato fries for the first time which is actually quite creative for me. I made the fries to accompany my cheese burger made with a 'Vegideli' quarter pounder by 'VBites and 'Violife' cheese slices both from 'Holland and Barrett'. 
I used a 'Morrisons' own brand ready sliced bun and put some egg free mayo on the side. the fries were sliced, covered in olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt and ground black pepper and placed in the oven for 30 minutes (pre-heated oven 180 degrees celsius). I washed my meal down with a bottle of 'Fentimans' cherrytree cola. I don't like to drink too much coke so I have it as a treat on occasions.


Now I don't normally have a desert everyday but as I had just stocked up on ice cream, I couldn't resist, so I went the whole hog with sauces too. 'Swedish Glace' vanilla ice cream is just divine (from Waitrose) and its even scrummier with 'Lyles squeezy syrup', strawberry and butterscotch flavour.



No comments:

Post a Comment